My Backstory

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
My Backstory: Michigan native / MSU Alum Class of 1999 (Go Spartans!) / JET Programme Alum (3 yrs teaching English in Japan) / Current Employer-Position: Allstate-Recruiter / Karaoke Queen / Fan of: camping, hiking, music, reading, kayaking, outdoor concerts and festivals, ethnic food, long bike rides, friendly gatherings, football and hockey seasons (my teams: Spartans, Red Wings, Steelers & Bears)

1.31.2011

Today: An Overview

5AM ~ must have caught up on sleep cuz I was able to drag my ass out of bed & get a solid workout in.  Yeah me!

Work was nothing special, but overall a good recruiting day (great way to start the week).  It was broken up by a trip to the doctor & the secretary of state (had to get my license plates renewed).  Can anyone please tell me it costs $100 to put a new sticker on your car every year?  Also, why is it in Illinois that if you need to change the address on your license plate, you have to get a completely brand new one.  In Michigan, you could simply request a change of address and you get a sticker you can put on your license (at least that's they way it used to be).  Though now that states are so strapped for cash, I'm sure they're looking at any means to raise funds.

After work, I made sure to swing by Home Depot so I could pick up a shovel for the car - I got two as I'm not sure which one I wanna use.  Grabbed a bite to eat and then spent 3 hours at a focus group testing facility trying out different office chairs.  Who knew there were so many possibilities?  It got really repetitive after a  while, but it's an extra $100 in my pocket.  Yahoo!

I really, really hope the snowfall that the forecasters are predicting really does happen.  I REALLY REALLY want to go snowshoeing.

One negative:  the jump in the price of gas at the station right near work.  In the course of a day, it jumped somewhere around 25 cents.  What the f%$#?  What a crock!

A positive:  I found a $50 gift certificate to Peapod over the weekend that I had won in a raffle like 2 years ago.  I used it this morning to stock up on food before the blizzard hits so that I don't have to venture out.  Now I just hope it gets delivered like it's supposed to tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment