My Backstory

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
My Backstory: Michigan native / MSU Alum Class of 1999 (Go Spartans!) / JET Programme Alum (3 yrs teaching English in Japan) / Current Employer-Position: Allstate-Recruiter / Karaoke Queen / Fan of: camping, hiking, music, reading, kayaking, outdoor concerts and festivals, ethnic food, long bike rides, friendly gatherings, football and hockey seasons (my teams: Spartans, Red Wings, Steelers & Bears)

9.07.2010

Seasons Change

1.  Fall TV Season Premieres & Football
In addition to being very excited that the official football season begins this Thursday (go MSU Spartans-my alma mater, Pittsburgh Steelers-for my sister, Detroit Lions-my hometown team growing up, and Chicago Bears), I'm also very geeked that new seasons are finally beginning for some of my favorite TV shows.

I finally got caught up on
Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries - thank goodness you can watch recent episodes online.  I don't know what I would do considering I no longer have cable.  Even though it's slightly inconvenient, I don't miss the cost of cable (I've also come to appreciate PBS - they have some really great programming).  Some other shows I'm looking forward to:  Glee, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Castle, Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy (after not watching it for almost an entire season cuz I was sick of the neurotic plotlines) and Sons of Anarchy.  I'm sure there are other shows I'm looking forward to, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  There are some cable shows I've been dying to check out, like Dexter and True Blood, but I'll just have to wait for them to come up on my Netflix queue.  


2.  Autumn is here!
Don't get me wrong, I love summer (especially here in Chicago) but I have to admit that autumn is probably my favorite season.  And I'm so glad that it's just around the corner (we got a little preview this weekend).  As I was driving into work this morning, I was listening to 101.9 The Mix (my radio station of choice in the morning) and Melissa happened to mention how much she loved the fall and Eric kept teasing her about it.  Well, I can totally relate Melissa!  So I decided to list some of the things I love about fall:  cool, crisp mornings & evenings (great weather for taking a nice long walk without having to worry about dehydration), Halloween & pumpkins,fall camping, tailgating & going to football games, being able to wear autumn clothing like sweaters & boots, no more air-conditioning needed to sleep comfortably, leaves changing color and family holidays are right around the corner.  What's your favorite season & why?


As a side note, I wanted to add that there are two things I don't like about autumn:  shorter days and the fact that another year is almost over.


I'm sure we still have a few more weekends of summer weather left, but I welcome the changing of the seasons!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment